Frostbite Training Camp and Eric Hughes Long-distance Race
Nov 10-12, 2017, Green Lake, Seattle, WA
Cost$200 for the training camp (includes entry into the Eric Hughes distance race)
Registration#1 All participants sign in here (click link)
Enter Name, T-shirt, Age, 2km Speed Info
This is so coaches can plan the groups and you can get a t-shirt. Put on your 2km with turn time! Otherwise you will end up in the beginner group on the morning of day 1 until they do the 2km time trial and make the camp groups. Do this by Oct 31 or you might not get a t-shirt because if we don't know you are coming, we won't make enough t-shirts.
#2 Pay for the camp
SCKC Members: Pay using SPARC code 173247: SPARC
Paddlers from other clubs: Your club should submit one payment using our club form. Mail in a check or contact Tami Oki to arrange alternate (like CC) payment.
Unaffiliated individuals (meaning not part of a group coming from a club): Please contact Tami Oki to register and pay.
BoatsA limited number of boats are available and are for paddlers coming from out of town (who cannot trailer boats here). Contact Tami Oki sooner than later so we can get you set up. For those bringing boats, storage (outside) is available on-site and we will have security during the night.
LodgingA limited number of billets with SCKC team families are available and are for youth paddlers coming w/o parents or their team from out of the area. Contact Tami Oki. For hotels, north Seattle (Northgate/Shoreline) is an easy commute on I-5 (or Aurora Ave) to Green Lake and is less expensive than the University District.
- Improve technique (coaching, lectures)
- Learn how to train well (training plans, goal setting, nutrition)
- Cover a lot of kilometers (train); Training groups for canoe/kayak and fast/medium speed groups and masters, juniors, and youth.
Included in the camp
- Coaching, training & nutrition lectures, camp t-shirt
- Lunch and snacks each day, Sat morning pancake breakfast, Social Saturday evening
- Eric Hughes Long-distance race entry fee
Dates and times
- Thursday 5-7:30pm (check-in, boat unloading; 7pm camp welcome)
- Friday 7:00am - 5:15pm Camp
- Saturday 7:00am - 9pm Camp; 5:30pm pizza dinner
- Sunday 7:00am - 5:15pm Camp (note we'll likely end a bit earlier on Sunday since many will will flying home on Sunday)
- Eric Hughes race at 9am (we are racing on Sunday this year)
Eric Hughes Long-distance Race
- Sunday 9am Green Lake
- Distances: 2.5km / 5.0km / 10.0km
Equipment NeededPaddling gear, running gear, dry land training gear, notebook and pencil, extra warm clothes, extra towels, rain gear, mug (for hot chocolate/coffee) and waterbottle.
InfoQuestions about the camp?
Jason Cross email@example.com
Tami Oki Tamara.Oki@seattle.gov